Friday, September 20, 2013

Stessful Class

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher. I would pretend with my stuffed animals and dolls that I was the teacher and I would dress up in my Moms high heals and put on a skirt. I would always watch my teachers during class to see how they would deal with certain situations. If a student had a question, how would they answer it? If a student would tell on another student, how would the teacher work with them and what would she have them do, or what would the punishment be? I was always watching. I would always want to help pass out papers, or help set up the room. I had a passion for being inside the classroom. I loved it. I knew that I wanted to be a teacher. The first class I signed up for in college was my Principles of Teaching class, I was so excited to start. I thought that it would just be a breeze. But I have found that my dream class, is not what I thought it would be. I am confused in what we are learning and the assignments we are given. I find myself always having questions. It is a fast pace for me. I'm starting to think if this is what teaching really is. Everything that I am being told about teaching, I never seem or heard of when I was observing in my classroom. I get very stressed and overwhelmed when I'm in my Principles of Teaching class. Yet, I still have a love for it. I am taking pictures of the assignment board, so I can see everything that is due that we are doing for the day, then I write down what was on the board. I am trying to keep up and do my best. I have talked with my professor, and I have asked questions. I know that I belong in a classroom, and I will do what it takes to have my dream job.

No comments:

Post a Comment