Monday, January 23, 2012

Exams

Exams were awful. I cannot say how much I despise exams. The whole week of preparing I was bombarded with study guides, and teachers telling me that their exam was the most important and that I should really put their exam ahead of every other exam.  I did not do as well as I hoped.  I studied extremely hard, everyday when I got home from school, I would go in my room and start studying.  This put a lot of stress and anxiety on me.  I do not think that we should have mandatory exams at our school. It puts a lot on students to be studying for seven exams. Staying up late, waking up early and being exhausted from the night before, then going got school and being put pressure on yourself by teachers. I am a student who has good grades, and when I am given tests, I don't not do well. So being given an exam is incredibly bad for me. Taking exams in high school I do not believe to be preparing you for college.  You regularly take test to see how you are doing in the subject. I think that is all you need. High school and college are two different things. In college, you may not have seven classes to study for, only a couple. The tests were not all comprehensive.  In some classes, there were not even material that we had went over on the test. I had to study for SEVEN tests! That is an overwhelming feeling and stress feeling. I cannot stand exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment